Like a new year, I see birthdays as an opportunity to grow. Today I am twenty-five. I’ve been thinking really hard about how I want this next year of my life to go. No, you can’t control everything, but you can make choices and set goals.
Because twenty-five is neatly divisible by five and I’m slightly OCD, I’ve made my own growth chart.
5 Things I’ve Accomplished in the Last Year
- I saved for and purchased a MacBook Pro.
- I wrote several novels, novellas, short stories, and serial episodes.
- I re-learned how to embroider, and started using it as another creative outlet.
- I published my first novel, Sade on the Wall.
- I got over my fear of public speaking (again), and appeared at several events as a professional author.
- I am always happy.
- My books are bestsellers.
- I have enough.
- It is okay to be successful.
- I mentor other people to follow their dreams.
5 Qualities I Love About Myself and Want to Enhance
- I’m witty and weird—usually at the same time. I can make people laugh, even in the worst situations.
- I have a big heart, even though sometimes I feel too deeply.
- I have a unique eye for fashion.
- I am detail oriented and organized.
- I make other people feel comfortable and welcome.
5 Goals for My 25th Year
- Become a full-time author and quit my day job.
- Enjoy being a newlywed.
- Buy a house.
- Learn how to play the piano.
- Relax more.
5 Ways I Want to Pay it Forward
- Utilize this blog to share my knowledge about the self-publishing industry with other authors.
- Help new indie authors get their names out.
- Do small, kind things for the friends and family who helped with our wedding.
- Encourage other writers to actually write, whether they want to be published or not.
- Smile at strangers.
Open Your Presents
To celebrate my birthday—and my wedding this coming Saturday—I’ve dropped the ebook price of Sade on the Wall from $4.99 to $0.99. It’s only for a limited time, though, so pick up your copy now!
But wait, there’s more!
Sandpaper Fidelity Season One is now free*—as in $0.00! Download your copy now!
Thanks for celebrating with me!
*There is a lag in pricing over at Amazon and Barnes & Noble, so if you have a Kindle or Nook, please use the Smashwords link to download your free copy! Sorry for any inconvenience.