Happy New Year!
I’m so glad that it’s 2015. Last year was really, really hard for me. I lost my close friend Sean, lost my part-time job because of my mystery autoimmune disease, started taking Prozac—which gave me the worst episode of depression of my life—switched to Viibryd and began feeling better, and then came down with the worst flareup I’ve ever had in the last 7 years.
Not everything was bad, though. The last 12 months were a game changer for my writing career. December was my all-time best month; I am now making a decent part-time income from my books. I’m so proud of myself. The timing couldn’t be better, either; because of my health problems, I finished my part-time seasonal job earlier than planned and am now writing full-time again. I had a lot of anxiety about being able to continue working at the store. A huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. The best thing about writing is, I can do all of it from the comfort of my bed, propped up with pillows and armed with heating pad and painkillers.
I am in a lot of pain (and now have a cold on top of this flareup, which makes everything worse), but am hanging in there. It helps that I have a great support team. My husband, family, friends, and therapist have been amazing throughout the last month and a half. I have an appointment with a rheumatologist at the end of January. My mom and I have been doing a lot of research, and found new blood tests that can help diagnose Rheumatoid Arthritis. We also discovered RA Warrior. Her blog makes me feel so much less crazy. Everything that she describes about her RA is something that I have experienced.
Little by little, everything is coming together.
My Goals for 2015
There are a lot of things that I want to do this year, but it’s only 365 days long. I can’t do it all. Here are some of the things I will be working on throughout the next 12 months:
- make a full-time income from my books;
- write and release all 4 novels in the South of Forever series;
- start working on new YA pen name series*;
- go on a date with my husband every week;
- get a diagnosis for my mystery autoimmune disease;
- eat healthier—gluten-free, lactose-free, whole grain, anti-inflammatory foods;
- do more yoga
What are your goals for this year?
In years past, I shared my goals for the month and then my progress. I’d like to start doing that again. Here are my goals for this month:
- keep book sales momentum going;
- finish writing the 1st draft of Diving Into Him;
- read 4 novels (follow my progress on Goodreads)
Do you set goals every month? What are your goals for January?
- The Nanny with the Skull Tattoos comes out in 7 weeks! Pre-order now for a special price ($2.99, regular $4.99).
- I made a group on Facebook for fans of my books. It is poppin’. I can hardly keep up! We already have 53 members. Join Barone’s Belles now to chat with other readers like you.
- We’ve reached 209 adds for The Nanny with the Skull Tattoos on Goodreads! I now owe you a flashback short of when Max found out about Chloe. (See all incentives here.) Next stretch goal: 300 adds. Click here to add The Nanny with the Skull Tattoos to your Goodreads shelves.
That’s all for now! Make sure you are subscribed to my email newsletter for more updates.